An Anglican parochial district was established in New Lynn during 1927, which covered New Lynn, Glen Eden, Titirangi, Laingholm, and Huia. Services were held once a fortnight in Titirangi at the Titirangi Soldiers’ Memorial Church in Park Road, celebrated by a curate from New Lynn.
During 1970 Titirangi formed its own parochial district which was dedicated to St. Francis, and which continues to the present. Services were held weekly in the Soldiers’ Memorial Church until it became too small for the congregation and in 1987 a move was made to the current location. A monthly mid–week Holy Communion service is still held at the Soldiers’ Memorial Church. It remains a popular venue for weddings.
In recent times the model of Local Shared Ministry has been gaining momentum in the Diocese and in 2008, St.Francis adopted this model.